lauantai 18. helmikuuta 2012

Rob Roy

Rob Roy

Here you have a Rob Roy. Since this drink can be made either sweet, dry or perfect, here's my version of the sweet one. (and when ordering this it normally comes sweet unless mentioned different). The ingredients as follows:

  • 4.5cl Scotch whisky
  • 2.5cl sweet vermouth
  • a dash of angostura bitters
Fill a cocktail shaker's glass part with half ice. Then add the ingredients in the glass in the given order and swirl the ice a few times in the glass. Strain into a (well chilled) cocktail glass (ie. prefer a champaigne saucer over others but as you can see in my version, I used a port wine glass, that was the best I could use for this since I don't have any of the saucers). With the sweet version, garnish it with a maraschino cherry.
Tasted good. I'm not a huge fan of whisky based cocktails, but the vermouth's sweetness balanced it out well. Especially towards the end the taste got better, given the maraschino cherry added even more sweetness to the strong drink overall.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti