lauantai 29. kesäkuuta 2013

Mojito

MOJITO

2009
2011


2013, fresh mint from my own garden
 Probably one of the most known cocktail of all time, this is the Mojito. It is very nice to see how my skills and abilities as a mixologist have bore fruit. Just look at the pictures from the past years. In 2009 I barely knew how to muddle. The end result, shredded mint leaves and a funny lime wheel on the rim of the glass. In 2011 the glass isn't even filled up. Or then I took a picture of it after I had sipped several times of it. Contrary to 2009, I actually used the mint stalks. Now, 2013 I knew how to muddle and I even had my own mint from my garden. What could go wrong? Nothing I say, nothing. I'm really proud of my work. But let's begin, shall we? Do mind there are countless amounts of different ways to make a Mojito, this was mine.

  • 5 cl white rum
  • 1 tablespoon simple syrup
  • ½ lime cut in four pieces
  • ~12 mint leaves and a sprig for decoration
  • crushed ice
  • club soda
Gently slam the mint leaves on your palm and drop them in the glass. Add the simple syrup and gently press the mint leaves in order to release their oils. Don't shred, press. Add in the lime cuts and muddle them as well. Fill the glass ½ way with crushed ice and pour in the rum. With the help of the bar spoon mix the ingredients in the glass. Fill the glass with crushed again and top it off with club soda. Add a sprig of mint for decoration, pop a few straws in the glass and enjoy.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti