tiistai 10. joulukuuta 2013

Minttukaakao

MINTTUKAAKAO


Greetings! Continuing our episodes of "warm drinks", there's one particular I want to bring forth; the Minttukaakao. No, there is no such thing as "Mint Hot Chocolate", no sir! It is and will always be "Minttukaakao". 

This is one of those warm cocktails at least us Finns order in massive amounts. They make this into a thermos, go "skiing" (among other things) and drink this. The Minttukaakao has become, as far as I know, a some sort of ideal. Winter and Minttukaakaos go hand-in-hand  with each other. That said, I wanted to prepare myself one of these. (Gosh I can't remember the last time I've had one)

In order to make a proper Minttukaakao, keep in mind that this is not a light drink. Quite the opposite to be exact! I remember my colleague say one evening that one of the customers asked for a "Minttukaakao without the cream float; I'm on a diet." O tempora, o mores! :D
  • 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder (such as Van Houten)
  • 1-1½ teaspoons of sugar
  • ~2 dl (a tad less than a cup) of whole milk (regular milk is okay too, avoid skimmed/low-fat)
  • fresh cream for the float (optional, especially if preparing for a thermos)
  • 4 cl Minttu (but any white peppermint schnapps will do)
In a small pan mix the cocoa powder, sugar and milk. Heat it up until almost boiling. In a cup (remember to warm it beforehand) pour in the minttu and add the cocoa. With the help of a spoon float the cream on top.

I must say. It did its job! I believe this is best enjoyed with friends when it's freezing outside...and you guys are inside :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti