maanantai 24. maaliskuuta 2014

Lifelong (200 page) project; Alcohol tasting notes

Lifelong (200 page) project; Alcohol tasting notes

The cover

Every single page looks (simply put; literally) the same. 200 pages = 200 notes

Well met again! What I'm about to discuss here has some similarities with my New Year's Resolution but is much broader in its essence. My 2014 project has only to do with the products at the bar work in. This is a lifelong (read: 200 page) project I'm about to engage in. But let's roll back a few months, shall we?

So "back in the days" a colleague of mine gave me the booklet seen above. She didn't use/need it and when I told her about the 2014-project she wanted to give it to me to take notes of whiskies I sample.

Alas, I had already borrowed taken a notebook for my New Years Resolution so I didn't want to use two different notebooks for one task. Also, I wanted to have my old notebook for one project only so when I'm old and tired I can look back at it with great joy.

Then it struck me. A genius plan. A plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel! (hah Black Adder! :D) Only a mastermind could come up with this. Instead of using this booklet for whisky notes only (the people at Highland Park will now facepalm) I will use it for any alcoholic product. Ciders, beers, whiskies, cognacs, gins, wines, the world is your (and my) oyster!

The beauty of this, now check this out: I plan on taking this booklet with me when going abroad. The world is full with local (alcoholic)products and it would be a shame not to have written down at least a few words of each! I'd also rate this with the common 1-5 stars, for fun.

Not only do I find it interesting to take notes aka micromanaging with these kinds of products, I want to learn. I consider myself quite the novice when trying to assess say...whiskies or wines. Some have the talent, I might (not), but at least I'll try real hard.

As I write this, I already have two aged rums, two whiskies and one cider in the book. On a side note, my 2014 New Years Resolution is going just fine. I've tasted quite many samples now and I'm pretty sure I'll get it done before the 31st of December.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti