tiistai 2. syyskuuta 2014

Spiced Pear Vodka (infused vodka)

SPICED PEAR VODKA


Ahh, the serenity! Today a lovely package came from abroad bringing me all kinds of goodies!


The bottles of vodka are 75% for infused use, as mentioned in my earlier post regarding those vodka infusions. Jim Beam Black (I now have the white one, black one and signature craft) for another tasting, some mixing cognac (Hennessy VS), tequila (Silver Patrón), The Duke Organic Gin from Munich, El Dorado 15yo, Highland Park 12yo and with the few extra euros in my PayPal account one "Oktoberfest" beer. Alas the packaging of the rum came up torn and the gift package supposed to come with the Hennessy didn't come at all. I mentioned these in my review. Not that I really care (because these two are not intended for gifts), but I expect getting whole products and not torn apart/missing packaging when ordering stuff online.

Anyhow, so after the work meeting in the morning, I met up with my friend and had lunch. He had errands to run after that and I went to the store and fetched a few selected items for today's project I didn't have waiting for me at home already. I got home anxiously waiting for the box above. Yay!

I looked up the recipe for the Spiced Pear Vodka. So what I needed was...


Cloves, cinnamon sticks and some star anise...


A few pears and a vanilla pod.


...and of course some vodka. A whole 700ml bottle of it (editor's note: and a little bit of extra).






As seen in the little pictures, first wash the pears and cut them into slices. Add the cloves (5) and cinnamon stick (1). Instead of just putting the vanilla pod in, I scraped the vanilla essence out of it and put it in there as well. Lasty put the ½ star anise in as the editor of the original recipe mentioned the strong flavor it had.


Add the vodka and avot! I shall strain and bottle this beauty in the Thor bottle I have in about 4-5 days. I shall report more when the job is "officially" done. By the way a big thanks to one of my good friends who provided me with a big o' mason jar!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti