tiistai 25. elokuuta 2015

Kurant Delight

KURANT DELIGHT


Evening everyone! This cocktail was inspired by a fellow comrade acquaintance, who approached me with a challenge! He insisted that I would use two of the ingredients, because those "fire him the most". 
  1. Red currants 
  2. Absolut Kurant
I gladly accepted his request since what do you know, I happened to have a red currant bush in my back yard! Absolut Kurant (a currant flavored vodka) I didn't, but I got a sample bottle of it for my disposal. Let's get to work, shall we?

One issue arose, though. What makes a great currant - based cocktail? After one failed draft I came up with a recipe that worked out quite nicely!
  • 1 dl red currants
  • 40 ml Absolut Kurant
  • 20 ml cherry liqueur
  • 20 ml cognac, VSOP
  • a sprig of red currants as garnish
Muddle the currants in your shaker, add the rest and shake hard with ice. Double (!) strain into your chilled coupe and garnish. Serve.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti