keskiviikko 4. kesäkuuta 2014

Summer vacation - visiting Bremen (again!)

SUMMER VACATION IN BREMEN

The coat of arms of Bremen

Today's is going to be a special day and it'll stay amazing for the remainder of this week. I have my summer vacation and I will be spending one week (out of two) in Bremen, Germany, with my wife. I kind of created a checklist of what (at least) I want to do there. Okay, here goes (the list is not in any alphabetical/priority order):
  • Visit my father
I've seen him once in my conscious life and that was in 2007. That moment was a brief one. Well I was young and didn't know better. This time should he try to close the door again, I'll get my foot in the door and actually talk with him. Given, if he lives in the same address I still possess.

  • See two German acquaintances  I met ~ half a year ago
They stopped by for a drink at the bar and to make a long story short, the following day I had one drink with them me being a customer myself. I got to know them better since and hope I can meet them again "on their turf" during this week. Have a drink or two at least and catch up.

  • Visit a few cocktail bars and local pubs
I've googled down a few names/places that interest me. I want to experience the cocktail/pub life in Bremen. I even bring my notes with me so I can have new tastes + write them down. Local drafts and so forth.

  • Shopping
Well who doesn't want to shop in Bremen? See the Schlachte, Schnoor and other areas in the heart of the city. Well this is probably the part my wife does more, but I can live with that :)

  • Have an awesome time with my wife
Of course it's not just a holiday for me, it's our holiday abroad. Eat & drink well and hopefully enjoy sunny days while we're at it. Oh and while in Bremen, I kind of want to keep some sort of journal/diary of the time we spend there so I can later reminiscence on it. Be assured, a blog post at least :) 

Well, that's pretty much it. Since I'm gone for roughly one week, I won't be posting new material but instead, gather and absorb it in a different country.

Auf wiedersehen, biss dann!

Me and my babies

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti